Thursday, October 4, 2012

Second Look at TIB Essay's

           I was not a fan of looking up essays to say why we did not like them. I searched and searched for a speech that I could actually find some problem with. I found it so difficult because most of them were about very heartwarming topics that could not be disagreed with. I finally found that there was an option to look up speeches by theme so I decided to look up speeches about science since I figured these would be very boring and had to entertain an audience. I decided to look them up and turns out I was wrong. The science essays were surprisingly enlightening and brought new ideas to my eyes. I tried to find an essay that did not appeal to me so I could state why I did not like it, but I simply couldn’t find one. Although I really enjoyed the speech, I did have a few problems with it.

           The main point of the essay was to state “that a unique core self is born into every human being — the result of millennia of environment and heredity combined in an unpredictable way that could never happen before or again.” In other words, she believes that a child is born with an inert sense of who they are going to be. Along with this, she states that every child is not born with a blank slate, and we cannot mold them into whatever we want. I think that her essay was overall thought provoking, but the actual presentation of the topics was poor. I didn’t think the story she used applied well to her overall argument, but it was interesting. Also her arguments sort of flew all over the page and it was hard to pinpoint which one she was truly passionate about.

No comments:

Post a Comment