Friday, November 2, 2012

Project Proposal

           My topic is how Facebook connects my fraternity to one another. I want to investigate why Facebook is so crucial in accomplishing goals that deal with the philanthropic and social aspects of our fraternity. I feel like without our Facebook page, it would be very difficult to spread ideas quickly, which is why I want to truly investigate it whether it is actually a necessity.

           I plan on interviewing other members, specifically the Elite Council members because they have been the most involved in important activities. I plan on filming specific events which have been planned over Facebook. Events such as, social gatherings, philanthropy events, and service projects. These shots will be informative and show a different aspect to fraternity life than most people are used to. I will also use snapshots of our Facebook page to show what all we discuss on it.

           As far as style, I will be shooting in color with a pretty upbeat attitude throughout the entire film. I’m not positive on the specific songs I will be using, but it will definitely be country. I want to interview people either in the KA house or where they live. I could also film our evening library studies or interview people in the library as well. I think I’m going to be filming our Habitat for Humanity service project coming up, or wherever the opportunity arises over the next few weeks.

           The people I want to watch this documentary are students that are interested in Greek life because it is going to give good insight to what a fraternity is really like. There is so much more to being in a fraternity than people think and I would like to change that stereotype. Basically I am targeting all incoming freshmen that feel like a fraternity is just a bunch of guys who get drunk together. I want them to change their opinion after seeing how much more to a fraternity there is than what they think.

           Overall I want this film to be very informative on what a fraternity is really like. I want to change people’s opinions. Along with that, I want it to have an upbeat feel to it. I don’t want it to be too serious, but at the same time I want it to be something that will make you think about what you previously thought. I plan on doing this through solid interviews and a good flow to the entire documentary.

1 comment:

  1. The way you're proposing this documentary makes it sound more like a PR campaign for your fraternity. I don't want that. I want you to look at an issue (maybe you could deal with "misconceptions of frats at UK") and explore it. You'd need to find people outside the fraternity to talk as well.

    ReplyDelete