Friday, November 2, 2012

Project Proposal

          My topic is how Facebook connects my fraternity to one another. I want to investigate why Facebook is so crucial in accomplishing goals that deal with the philanthropic and social aspects of our fraternity. I feel like without our Facebook page, it would be very difficult to spread ideas quickly, which is why I want to truly investigate it whether it is actually a necessity.

           I plan on interviewing other members, specifically the Elite Council members because they have been the most involved in important activities. I plan on filming specific events which have been planned over Facebook. Events such as, social gatherings, philanthropy events, and service projects. These shots will be informative and show a different aspect to fraternity life than most people are used to. I will also use snapshots of our Facebook page to show what all we discuss on it.

           As far as style, I will be shooting in color with a pretty upbeat attitude throughout the entire film. I’m not positive on the specific songs I will be using, but it will definitely be country. I want to interview people either in the KA house or where they live. I could also film our evening library studies or interview people in the library as well. I think I’m going to be filming our Habitat for Humanity service project coming up, or wherever the opportunity arises over the next few weeks.

           The people I want to watch this documentary are students that are interested in Greek life because it is going to give good insight to what a fraternity is really like. There is so much more to being in a fraternity than people think and I would like to change that stereotype. Basically I am targeting all incoming freshmen that feel like a fraternity is just a bunch of guys who get drunk together. I want them to change their opinion after seeing how much more to a fraternity there is than what they think.

           Overall I want this film to be very informative on what a fraternity is really like. I want to change people’s opinions. Along with that, I want it to have an upbeat feel to it. I don’t want it to be too serious, but at the same time I want it to be something that will make you think about what you previously thought. I plan on doing this through solid interviews and a good flow to the entire documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment