Friday, November 9, 2012

Shooting Script Plan

I will be doing my documentary on how Facebook aids communication throughout a fraternity. I want to demonstrate how different our events and plans would be as a whole would be if we did not have Facebook to organize it. We have a Facebook page that gets probably fifty posts a day from both new members and active members simply posting events they’ve heard of, and basically getting word out that we should attend it.
                What got me wondering about Facebook’s influence on fraternity life was talking to my dad about the events they would put on when he was a Sigma Chi at Louisville. They actually had to advertise in person and use phones! Crazy right? I want to explore the positive impact that Facebook has had in this era.
                I plan on doing this by interviewing my dad and other alumnus of my fraternity who weren’t as fortunate to have the accessibility of Facebook. I want to know how they planned events and let people know about them. I also want to know what they think would have happened differently had they had Facebook.
                Along with that, I plan of interviewing active members, more importantly the executive council to see how they use Facebook to promote our philanthropy and other events such as, alumni/parent tailgates, social gatherings, and service projects. Being a pledge, I realize that Facebook is going to be crucial in developing the fraternity into something better than it is now.

No comments:

Post a Comment